Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real world projects that are using Springframework

Hello,

Can anyone recommends 1 or 2 real world open source projects that are using (or based on) Springframework?

I just don't feel that learning Springframework is as easy as it's promoted, and want to read some real world sample codes to understand it.

Thank you

Howard

Can anyone recommends 1 or 2 real world open source projects that are using (or based on) Springframework?
    What would that prove? There's the Aurora MVC Framework. Wouldn't you be more interested in real world commercial users?

I just don't feel that learning Springframework is as easy as it's promoted
    Did you ever use EJB? Spring provides more power with an easier learning curve. There's plenty of samples, documentation and books to get you started. And the forum of course!

and want to read some real world sample codes to understand it.
    Not sure how you'll get your hands on those . Just look at the samples which demonstrate a vast amount of functionality (look at the readme.txt for each sample). These samples should scale up to those "real world" usage scenarios.

Comment

how to pick up spring

I recommend doing what I did. The mandate came in from high above. It was decreed that day that all shall though use spring. So I gave myself a crash course. First I started with configs. All my config and interfaces were injected. Then I moved on to my DAOs. No time for JPA/Hibernate so JDBC DAOs. Then I started refactoring (using stuff like prototype) and restructuring my spring configs logically organizing them.

next up0, the services...

Comment

Working...
      X