Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Modeling of Application Using Spring MVC

Hey all,

I'm trying to wrap my head around Spring's MVC framework as I'm working on my current application's architecture. Does anyone have any links to a finished sample application's UML modeling?
    I would love to see the UML model for something like the JPetstore example, or something using Hibernate. I understand most of what's going on from a functional point of view. But from an architectural point of view, I'm getting a bit lost while trying to iron out my own model/view/controler design.

Thanks,
    James

Re: UML Modeling of Application Using Spring MVC

Hi James,

I would also be interested in seeing a UML model of a complete application. Did you ever find anything?

Thank you.

Jay.

Comment

Hey Jay,

I didn't find UML models of any Spring tutorials, BUT I found an easy way to create them. If you use eclipse, you can install EclipseUML Free edition, from Omondo. With EclipseUML you can quickly create great class diagrams from existing tutorials. This really helped me understand the architecture of a Spring project.
      Of course, so far I can only get it to create class diagrams for classes in a single directory. If you find a way to create them for the entire project, let me know.

Take care,
      James

Comment

UML diagram for the whole project

Only the EclipseUML Enterprise Edition from Omondo (not free) allows creation of diagrams for the whole project..

Comment

This thread is over two years old, maybe they've changed the licensing in this time? I'm sure if you have a look however, you'll find a free tool out there!

Comment

Working...
          X