• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, power of English

Comment

Originally posted by siberian
      well, power of English
      Heh, read some of my posts and you will realise it is a power I do not have myself!

Any idea about the gravity thing

Comment

Originally posted by yatesco
        Heh, read some of my posts and you will realise it is a power I do not have myself!

Any idea about the gravity thing
        You are talking about Anthropic principle? Physical scientist
        found all physical rules work together too perfectly, it seems that the constants are manipulated by someone so that HUMAN can evolve? They can even use this to guess value of unkown constant?
        gravity become stronger, and every atom collapse to balck hole.
        gravity become weaker, and no planet can form.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle
        (I can't access this site now)
        anyway, it is off topic, maybe you should PM me if you have more about it.

Comment

Where do collaborators fit in?

Folks, i'd like to share some thoughts. I'm far from beeing an expert, so if i'd be glad to hear any critics or agreements of my thougths.
          I realise that the whole IoC principle has a lot of advantages (which I don't want to enumerate because it is not the main point here), but there is one think I that me doubt if it makes my code more OO.
          I'm far from beeing an OO-expert, but in my limited understanding, objets are made of two things: knowledge (state) and behaviour. These two things match to two constructs: instance variables and methods. Where do the colaborators fit in?
          Personally, I don't think the collaboratros are part of an object's state, so it feels a little bit unnatural to have instance variables for them. It feel's like mixing two different concepts (state & colaborator) in the same construct, making it unclear. Moreover when the collaborator is used in a single method.
          Perhaps it's just a technology issue and it would be great if java had some kind of syntax to differantiate them.
          Perhaps it's because in a pure OO design, statefull objects tend to only 'coolaborate' with their state thus do not need to be injected with any collaborator, and this IoC principle should only apply to stateless objects.

well, i said it.

PS: I know Spring has some kind of method-override-injection, but i've never heared of anyone using it.

Comment

Working...
          X