Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osgi-less modularity

Hello,

Context:
    I work in a huge multi-vendor enterprise project. The backend platform could be a just WAR with Spring's singletons and service exporters.

Problem:
    Developing such huge app with single app context is impossible. I need to have few isolated contexts with controlled imports and exports between them: i.e. I need one singleton is used another context.

Solution no.1.
    <import> many context into root - doesn't work

Solution no2.
    OSGi/Spring DM. I had some experience and it was not pleasant, I need to generate bundle descriptions, bother about many things. Hoewer, I don't need classloaders isolation, single set of versions works for us, due to maven.

What you can propose between these two ones?

Mike

Split your big application in multiple smaller ones, each deployed in its own context. Each application exports a single service which can be consumed by either xml/rest or simply use one of Springs Remoting mechanism (Http, hessian, burlap, jms or RMI). As long as your service interface doesn't change you can freely (re)deploy one of the services.

Comment

Marten, thank you for answer. however,I'm missing in-process calls and jetty:run.

Comment

Could you elaborate, I don't really get what you want...

Comment

I read your answer as:
          broke big WAR onto few smaller WARs. Am I get you right?

Comment

marlow,
            If I get you right, you suggest to split single WAR to smaller ones and make external calls between them. However what if I want to avoid serialization during calls between them these components?

Comment

Working...
            X