X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing functional variations with Spring

I am designing an application that will be deployed globally yet must be able to support regional variations in functionality. All regions--coresponding to separate business entities more or less--will be running the same instance of the application but require differences in the behavior of core business functions. Without relying on moronic conditional expressions I was wondering if perhaps some facet of DI or AOP could be used to serve our needs for variable functionality at runtime. This will be our first foray into Spring, and this is the bigest architectural chalenge we seem to have remaining.

Hi,
    since Spring 3.1, you can use profiles. Or you can manage different configurations by factoring out all differences into separate configuration xml files and choose the right file(s) in a build (dist) time. Both approaches can be used to both bean definitions or wiring and aspect definitions. I would use AOP only in case of functionality enrichment (decoration), not to substitute behavior differences that should be achieved by more interface implementations (or class hierarchy).

Comment

Working...
    X