Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate + Spring MVC + JSF + Tiles...possible?!

Hi there,
    I'm working on a web application that use Spring as controller and DI engine, Hibernate as data access layer and simple JSP whit Tiles as template framework...

I'm trying to figure out if is possible an approach like these...
    M ---> Hibernate
    V ---> JSF + Tiles
    C ---> Spring

ie to replace the obsolete JSP whit JSF as view tier...

I've not found any documentation for starting with this architecture..
    advice? tip? best practice?!

Thank's in advance...

You cannot (at least afaik) use tiles and JSF... If y ou use JSF you don't need tiles you can use facelets (JSF view templating).

Comment

If facelets can replace tiles is ok...
      So, excluding tiles, can I use JSF only for the view tier?!
      Some example of integration in this sense may be useful..

Comment

I suggest the reference guide you cannot use Spring MVC with JSF as JSF is a MVC (kind of) implementation... You can do that with Spring Web Flow (replacing the navigation logic etc. to webflow but with JSF 2.x it is already pretty decent).

Comment

That's the point...
          I've found a lot of documentation for integrating Spring Web Flow with JSF, but I'd like to keep Spring's MVC implementation...
          Are you sure it's not possible!? In case what would you recommend as UI engine?!

Comment

JSF...

You cannot use Spring MVC (controllers etc.) you can use Spring to wire everything together...

Comment

what about thymeleaf?

Comment

No... JSF is JSF... JSF is already a complete solution... So it will not work with thymeleaf, tiles or whatever...

Comment

No, I meant Spring MVC + Thymeleaf as ui framework insted of Spring MVC + JSF (we said that is not possible)...

Comment

Thymeleaf can be used (as explained on the thymeleaf website)...

Comment

In one of my project I am using spring, hibernate and jsf (facelets), obviously spring manage all dependencies and jsf manage navigation rules.
                      It's all well decoupled and maintanable, I believe it's a good arquitechture.

Comment

Working...
                      X