Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring + Flex vs Spring + JSF 2.0

Hi,

We are planning to migrate a legacy web application to spring framework.

Application Requirements
    4 million hits per day
    response time less than 1second
    5000+ concurrent users at peak time.
    Rich UI with lot of datagrids and components ,CRUD operations and complex business logic.

spring for business layer but unable to decide the client/view technology.

GWT, Vaadin - scalability issue
    Spring MVC - need to depend on Java script libraries for complex components (even though it is scalable)
    JSF 2.0 - Lot of components and libraries, recomended for componenet based applications/view
    Flex - Best in rich UI, we have used it in few small projects.

Finally it comes down to JSF 2 vs flex

while each has its own pros and cons, even though I am in favor of using flex, But Adobe has announced that it would stop supporting flex after 4 or 5 years and its flash resources are moved to traget HTML5.

So this makes JSF 2 as the best option.

Any suggestions on if i should still stick with Flex and use Spring BlazeDs Integration or use JSF.

Thanks

@Kanan, I don't know the answer to your question but was wondering what limitations Struts has like not scalable or lack of components or anything else.
    Will appreciate your reponse..

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

To be honest, I have not used any version of struts. So I cannot really say what are the drawbacks, but my understanding after reading many post and blogs,seems now all new projects prefer Spring MVC as it is more flexible or better than Struts.

Comment

Working...
      X