Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for Migrating from legacy Web Application

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions on migrating a web application to spring based application.
    Mainly I am looking for the best view technology and service layer.

Of course Spring is the chosen for business layer.

We use Jennifer APM and as per the tool, 4 instance of weblogic server is handling 2.5 million hits in a day with 4000 to 5000 Concurrent users during peak time and still maintains the response time under 1second.(average .5sec)
    Application is hosted in a secured VPN network.
    Some clients have just 128Kbps speed.
    Screens : around 500

Even though we would like to migrate to new frame work and view technology, our management needs 100% guarantee that the new frame work will be faster or better (No server hardware upgrade), and should be able to handle another 500 more users. or may be say 3 million hits

Since time is not a constrain to migrate, our team is ready to learn new technology and training can be provided on the same.
    So time and training should not be an issue.

Also I would like to have my service/business layer independent of view technology, so tomorrow we want to replace the view technology , I expect the business layer not to be touched. In this case, should I use Spring Webservice

Please suggest what is the best stack I should go for.

Any suggestion appreciated
    Last edited by kannanMugundan; Apr 21st, 2012, 07:11 AM. Reason: To make it short
Working...
X