Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Persistent or a single session on a Oracle Enviroment and JEE. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistent or a single session on a Oracle Enviroment and JEE.

Hi Guys,

For my first post, I'd like to say that I'm a ruge fan of all Spring technologies. So my question it's no so simple either to explain and I bilieve that this task (explain my situation) will be a litle bit rough. So let's go!

I'm really not sure whether or not this question would be applied to this particular forum or security forum. However I guess this fix to this forum because my architecture depends on it.

Basically I have to integrate my app to another one that works over Oracle Forms 10g. So, this application I have to integrate with, works with a concept of "users context" that are implemented over oracle global temporary tables (GTT). Each "user context" represents all visible data to a particular user profile. On Oracle Forms 10g App this works preatty fine because, if I'm not wrong, a single connection is stabilished to each user connected to the application. My application will be a jee spring IoC framework based one and as long as I know all application open a connection pool that points each one of them to a specific session in data base, right. So how can I still use that scenario of GTT with my application?

So the problem is that my application will have to use those GTT to show data on web forms. I notice that all web application works with a connection pool and I'm really not sure if create to every single connection on pool those GTT are a good idea once to acomplish that it takes a bunch of seconds. I guess i'll have a performance issue every time.

If I could make myself clear, i'll appriciate any ideas!

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

is this object useful on my case? "SingleConnectionDataSource"

Comment

Have a look at Oracle Proxy Connections. This allows the USER identity (relating to an Oracle account) to be applied through the connection pool user. The Spring Data - JDBC Extensions project may provide you some simple support.

Comment

But I still have the problem of a single connection to be handled, right? I just want to solve the fact that the app maded for oracle forms uses temporary tables to implement those busines rules. I'm not sure yet if I just implement those rules on a different way or just try to use a single connect per user on my java web application. Today my web app uses the pooled connection pattern for managment of connections...

I'm not sure if get your idea to use Oracle Proxy Connections... What this idea could help me in my case?

Comment

Working...
        X