Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Best Practice setting up multiple wars which leverage the Spring Framework Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Practice setting up multiple wars which leverage the Spring Framework

Hi All,

Here's the situation. Use Maven (I would rate our installation a good 7 almost 8 on a scale from 1-10, in other words we're very maven literate. Use Spring MVC (I would rate us a 6 on a scale from 1-10 as far as Spring savviness goes).

Let's say that I with to end up with a product that consists of over 10 wars or applications which share quite a bit in common. They are all mavenized, they all run Spring MVC, they share much common code (common code is obviously is nicely handled with maven and modularity) etc.

The question is what is the best practice for managing/setting up all these containers. Assuming the all have the same application context structure (web.xml settings, applicationcontext.xml settings, Spring security settings... How do I managed the projects so that if I make a Spring related change, I don't have to change 10 projects?

Any suggestions welcome,
    Thanks.

For some reason, Roo came to mind... Anyone?

Comment

Ok, Spring Security 3.1 is out. I refuse to upgrade all my wars one at a time. Please someone, what is the best practice for managing spring security or other boilerplate items on a gazillion wars? There has got to be a better way than to upgrade each maven war artifact... is there a blanket best practice?

Desperate...

Comment

Working...
      X