Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Basically the general architecture should look something like this

Client ----> Business Delegate ---> Service Layer (Implements business use case) ----> Business Objects (otherwise known as Domain Objects) ---> DAO ---> DBMS.

Thanks
    Amin

Comment

What is your BusinessObject?
      - Are they like Order, Invoice, Item?
      - Are they managed by spring?
      - who is managing relationships among Order and Item? spring's dependency injection or ORM - like hibernate? - if you use spring, I am very interested in knowing how do you manage it with a 400+ Biz Object system

I would have ORM to manage object relationships, not spring. spring manages the (MDD-sytle) Repository for Biz Object and naturally works well with DAOs.

I'm not sure Biz Service is for Use cases, according to MDD, Service is some essentail concept identified in the domain model. and it should be reusable across many use cases. I would have Service on the same level as Repository and have UseCase layer on top of them.

What do you think?

cheers
      chuck

Comment

are they managed by Spring?
        Is an interesting question

Have you checked out @Configurable? http://static.springframework.org/sp...atconfigurable

This means that they can be wired up by Spring even if Spring isn't responsible for creating them!

You do need to use the aspectj runtime but....

Comment

See new thread:

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=29694

...since I quoted people in this thread on that new one.

Ben

Comment

I hope, things have improved a lot on Validation @ Service layer. Could anyone throw some good example of how to validate domain object in Spring service layer?

Thanks,
            Nambi

Comment

Hello,
              In our company, Globant, we use DDD. Also we have a template that holds DDD, Contract First, TDD.
              You can find information related to this template at: http://katari.globant.com

Comment

Hello,
                The idea of DDD is having a rich domain, on top of that an application layer (here is the place where you bound the information that was sent by the client).
                The flow should be something like this.

Client -> HTTP-Method
                Spring Dispatcher Servlet ->
                Controller -> Application Layer (Here we bound the request parameters)
                Application Layer -> Performs operations with the domain (change something, persist etc) (Also here we delimit the transactions)
                The application layer send a response to the Controller, and the controller dispatch to the view with the result of the application layer.

for the application layer, we have something called "Command<T>" that contains a method "T execute();"
                within the command, you have the complete action... also you can re-use those commands, and only one controller for many commands.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                X