Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
dm tools 2.3.2 can not generate the MANIFEST.MF on ubuntu 10.04 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dm tools 2.3.2 can not generate the MANIFEST.MF on ubuntu 10.04

I have installed sts 2.3.2 and dm-server 2.0.2 on my ubuntu 10.04.

When I import the greenpages.web, I use the Spring Tool to generate the MANIFEST.MF, but the MANIFEST.MF file does not generated.

I found this exception in workspace/.metadata/.log :

com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.parse.BundleMa nifestParseException: Error parsing bundle manifest header [javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core;version="[1.1.2,1.2.0)",org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm;version="[2.0.0, 3.0.0)",freemarker.cache;version="[2.3.15,2.3.15]",]
    HP009E:Unexpectedly ran out of data

at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.parse.standard .StandardHeaderParser.parsePackageHeader(StandardH eaderParser.java:67)
    at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.internal.Stand ardImportPackage.parse(StandardImportPackage.java: 60)
    at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.internal.Compo undParseable.resetFromParseString(CompoundParseabl e.java:58)
    at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.internal.Stand ardBundleManifest.initializeHeaders(StandardBundle Manifest.java:123)
    at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.internal.Stand ardBundleManifest.<init>(StandardBundleManifest.ja va:78)
    at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.internal.Stand ardBundleManifest.<init>(StandardBundleManifest.ja va:82)
    at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.BundleManifest Factory.createBundleManifest(BundleManifestFactory .java:82)
    at com.springsource.util.osgi.manifest.BundleManifest Factory.createBundleManifest(BundleManifestFactory .java:70)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.bundlor.internal.core. BundlorProjectBuilder.convertToBundleManifest(Bund lorProjectBuilder.java:834)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.bundlor.internal.core. BundlorProjectBuilder.generateManifest(BundlorProj ectBuilder.java:572)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.bundlor.internal.core. BundlorProjectBuilder.build(BundlorProjectBuilder. java:220)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.bundlor.internal.core. BundlorProjectBuilder.build(BundlorProjectBuilder. java:157)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.ru n(BuildManager.java:627)

What's this means?

My template.mf file:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
    Bundle-Name: GreenPages Web
    Bundle-SymbolicName: greenpages.web
    Bundle-Vendor: SpringSource Inc.
    Bundle-Version: 2.0
    Import-Package:
    javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core;version="[1.1.2,1.2.0)",
    org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm;version="[2.0.0, 3.0.0)",
    freemarker.cache;version="[2.3.15,2.3.15]",
    Import-Bundle:
    com.springsource.org.apache.taglibs.standard;versi on="[1.1.2,1.3)"
    Import-Library:
    org.springframework.spring;version="[3.0, 3.1)"
    Excluded-Exports:
    greenpages.tests,
    greenpages.web
    Excluded-Imports:
    org.springframework.test.*,
    org.junit.*
    Web-ContextPath: greenpages

Thans all!

Hi,

there is clearly an error in your manifest.mf: there is a ',' at the end of 'freemarker.cache;version="[2.3.15,2.3.15]",' which you should remove.

HTH

Christian

Comment

Sorry, I made a mistake.

But after I fix the bug, I can't deploy the greenpages.web project to virgo-web-server or dm-server.

When I regenerate the MANIFEST.MF and deploy the project to virgo-web-server in SpringSource Tool Suite 2.3.3, the console view output:

[2010-06-19 07:22:08.720] TCP Connection(7)-127.0.0.1 <DE0000I> Installing bundle 'greenpages.web' version '0.0.0'.
      [2010-06-19 07:22:08.848] TCP Connection(7)-127.0.0.1 <DE0001I> Installed bundle 'greenpages.web' version '0.0.0'.
      [2010-06-19 07:22:09.073] TCP Connection(7)-127.0.0.1 <DE0004I> Starting bundle 'greenpages.web' version '0.0.0'.
      [2010-06-19 07:22:09.090] Thread-3 <WE0000I> Starting web bundle 'greenpages.web' version '0.0.0' with context path '/greenpages.web'.
      [2010-06-19 07:22:09.619] Thread-3 <WE0001I> Started web bundle 'greenpages.web' version '0.0.0' with context path '/greenpages.web'.
      [2010-06-19 07:22:09.636] start-signalling-4 <DE0005I> Started bundle 'greenpages.web' version '0.0.0'.

I found in the virgo-web-server-2.1.0.M01/work/org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer_2.1.0.M01/staging/global/bundle/greenpages.web/0.0.0/greenpages.web.war directory, the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file content is empty.

but when I deploy the same project on windows, it's ok.

So I think this is a bug?

Thank all!

Comment

Same Issue

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue but I'm on Windows 7. The first time I started greenpages it all started fine and then something happened and now I'm getting the same error as you. I've deleted the project and started again but I'm still get the same error, it's really frustrating as I've tried so many things to fix this and they just won't work.

Comment

Working...
        X