X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment of Plan Files

At the moment STS supports only the deployment of bundles or par files out of the IDE.

The deployment of PLAN FILES ist not supported yet? Am I right and if yes is this feature on the roadmap for comming releases?

I've had luck with plan file support in the nightly builds of dm Server Tools. I had to do the following: create a new project; right click on the new project; go down to Spring Tools; click "Add OSGi Plan File Nature"; then put a plan file in the project. It still doesn't support drag-and-drop, but I was able to add it using the "Add and Remove..." option on the server context menu.

I've had one problem with it that has made development very difficult. It doesn't seem to support refreshing of an individual bundle. Instead, it attempts to reload the entire plan file, which in the end fails with a bunch of "Bundle is uninstalled" errors. Can't wait until this support is ready.

Comment

I also find it very frustrating that development is so difficult with plan files.

In another thread, http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=85950, it's reported that partial refresh of plans is not yet supported. In the documentation, Plans are described as the best format and a format that supports everything that PAR has, but this is an important feature that is not available for Plan files. Right?

Comment

Working...
      X