X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse 3.5 + STS Bundle Classpath Container

I ran into issues with an Eclipse 3.5 SpringDM project where the Bundle Dependencies were not being resolved. Eclipse error log indicated a problem with "Provider com.bea.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactoryBase not found". Thinking maybe my environment was to blame I decided to load a new instance of Eclipse 3.5 and following the e3.5+STS install procedures located on the SpringSource blog I was able to *finally* get STS plugin to install in e3.5. Note this required updating mylyn via the nightly build site instead of the normal mylyn, mylyn extras sites.

When I again tried to create a very simple SpringDM based project using this fresh e3.5+STS install the Bundle Dependencies still do not resolve. When I try to SpringTools->Refresh Bundle Classpath Container I receive the XMLOutputFactoryBase related exception. <bangs head>

From what I've gathered, the com.bea....XMLOutputFactoryBase is the default impl so it seems the desired provider is not being loaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below you will find the stacktrace and details of my e3.5 install.

Thanks,
    John

javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.bea.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactoryBase not found
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(Factory Finder.java:72)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder. java:178)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder. java:92)
    at javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory.newInstance(XMLO utputFactory.java:101)
    at com.springsource.repository.codec.XMLRepositoryCod ec.write(XMLRepositoryCodec.java:73)
    at com.springsource.repository.XmlArtifactDescriptorP ersister.persistArtifactDescriptors(XmlArtifactDes criptorPersister.java:79)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardArtif actDescriptorDepository.persist(StandardArtifactDe scriptorDepository.java:172)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.external.Exte rnalStorageRepository.initialiseDepository(Externa lStorageRepository.java:101)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.external.Exte rnalStorageRepository.<init>(ExternalStorageReposi tory.java:81)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.external.Exte rnalStorageRepository.<init>(ExternalStorageReposi tory.java:70)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardRepos itoryFactory.createExternalRepository(StandardRepo sitoryFactory.java:158)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardRepos itoryFactory.createRepository(StandardRepositoryFa ctory.java:111)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardRepos itoryFactory.createRepository(StandardRepositoryFa ctory.java:168)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardRepos itoryFactory.createRepository(StandardRepositoryFa ctory.java:79)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10.createBundleRepository(Dependenc yLocator10.java:734)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10.access$2(DependencyLocator10.jav a:717)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10$SystemPackageFilteringCompositeB undleRepository.<init>(DependencyLocator10.java:50 6)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10.<init>(DependencyLocator10.java: 156)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.runtime.core.ServerUti ls.createDependencyLocator(ServerUtils.java:170)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.runtime.core.ServerUti ls.createDependencyLocator(ServerUtils.java:140)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainer.createDependencyLoc ator(ServerClasspathContainer.java:550)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainer.refreshClasspathEnt ries(ServerClasspathContainer.java:267)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.util .ClasspathUtils.updateClasspathContainer(Classpath Utils.java:173)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainerUpdateJob.runInWorks pace(ServerClasspathContainerUpdateJob.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorksp aceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.j ava:55)

eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
    java.version=1.5.0_20
    java.vendor=Apple Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
    Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Working...
X