Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to change the target directory of MANIFEST.MF generated by bundlor Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the target directory of MANIFEST.MF generated by bundlor

I am using STS to build a web application for DM server. My src directory is src/main/java for java source code, and src/main/webapp for web code (just as maven defines). I also define a template.mf, but anytime the auto-generated MANIFEST.MF goes to src/main/java/META-INF, I want it in src/main/webapp/META-INF/. Bundlor will create directory src/main/java/META-INF.

Any idea?

Hi,

configuring the location of the generated MANIFEST.MF is currently not supported. If you create a src/main/resources STS will generate the MANIFEST into this folder.

BTW. why do you configure src/main/webapp as a source folder? This folder usually does not contain any Java sources.

Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian. The source directory structure is a standard layout generated by Maven. As a webapp, should MANIFEST.MF be in the same directory as the web source code (jsp, WEB-INF,...)?

By the way, when I used bundlor 1.0.0.RELEASE, I did not get the expected result. Here is the Maven configuration from bundlor doc.

<plugin>
      <groupId>com.springsource.bundlor</groupId>
      <artifactId>com.springsource.bundlor.maven</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0.RELEASE</version>
      <executions>
      <execution>
      <id>bundlor</id>
      <goals>
      <goal>bundlor</goal>
      </goals>
      </execution>
      </executions>
      </plugin>

Does the "goal" bundlor will generate MANIFEST.MF?
      I remember in bundlor 1.0.0.M2, the "goal" is "transform".

Comment

Hi guys,

I got the same problem in my webapp bundle.

When I use the option of STS to generate the manifest from the template, it will generate it in src\main\java\META-INF.
        But when I deploy (using "Add and remove..." option from STS server view) it takes the manifest in "src\main\webapp\META-INF". And if it doesn't exist, it will generate a new one with only the manifest version.

It could be helpful to configure the outputpath from the template.properties (like bundle.version, bundle.name...).

Comment

We have the same issue. When src/main/webapp/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF does not exist, bundlor will create the MANIFEST.MF in src/main/resources/META-INF, which is wrong for a web application. It would be nice to have a configuration option where bundlor should put it's generates manifest file.

Comment

FYI: I created BNDLR-385.

Comment

Working...
            X