Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Windows 7 - Unable to download bundles from Enterprise Repository to local DM Server Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 - Unable to download bundles from Enterprise Repository to local DM Server

Hi,

Hope someone can help; its not a massive problem but irritating as STS and DM Tools are otherwise fantastic...

Environment:
    Windows 7 x64
    Java 1.6.0_18 32-bit
    STS 2.3.0.RELEASE 32-bit
    DM Server 2.0.0.RELEASE
    DM Tools Nightly 2.3.1.201001190800-CI-R402-B82 (but problem also exists in the bundled version with STS 2.3.0.RELEASE).

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Add a local dm Server 2.0
    2) Open the Server Editor and switch to the Repository tab.
    3) Search for any bundle and press Download.
    4) Accept the background job.

Expected Result:
    Selected bundle downloaded to the repository/usr directory of the dm Server and listed in the right-hand-side list box.

Actual Result:
    Background job completes, but the JAR is not added.

Additional Notes:
    A folder is created in .metadata\.plugins\com.springsource.server.ide.run time.core in the workspace called repository-downloads-<unixtime???> containing folders bundles and libraries, but no files at all.

I tried upgrading to the nightly release as another thread indicated that this should fix this issue too (the previous report was with dm Server 2.0.0.M5 and Windows XP). I've already ruled out permissions as both the workspace and dm Server installation are in my user's home directory with Full Control permissions.

Can anyone help, or confirm if this is a defect?

Hi ShadowR,

this must be yet another Windows 7-only issue as I can't reproduce on my Mac. I'm currently traveling and I don't have access to a Windows 7 VM; I'll check this asap.

Can you post the complete path to your STS installation and dm Server?

Thanks, Christian

Comment

Christian,

Yes its definitely Windows-only, as with you it works perfectly with my MBP and Snow Leopard. I've been able to reproduce with Vista too.

Paths as requested:
      STS Install; C:\Users\cgray\Programs\springsource\sts-2.3.0.RELEASE
      Workspace; C:\Users\cgray\Programs\springsource\workspace
      dm Server; C:\Users\cgray\Programs\springsource\springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.RELEASE

Deliberately located to avoid spaces; etc.

Comment

Other forum post reference:
        http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=80010

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
          I'm currently traveling and I don't have access to a Windows 7 VM; I'll check this asap.
          Sorry Christian, have you managed to get anywhere?

Comment

ShadowR,

sorry that it took me some time to get back to you. I'm finally back home with access to Windows 7. I managed to re-produce this with the STS 2.3.0 default settings and also already committed a fix for it.

You can work-around this issue by changing the Proxy Provider to "direct" on General -> Network Connections -> Active Providers.

Let me know if that fixes the issue for you.

Regards, Christian

Comment

Excellent, thank you Christian -- works a treat.

--ShadowR

Comment

Working...
              X