Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
dm Server 2.0 Source Attachments in STS, and debugging into dm Server 2.0 code Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dm Server 2.0 Source Attachments in STS, and debugging into dm Server 2.0 code

When I step into a dm Server 2.0 M6 class from STS 2.2.0 I don't get to see the source and step through it, inspect variables, etc.

I could use git and download, consolidate, and zip up all the source code (if I could figure out how to git a tag). However, it would be so much easier to just distribute the src.zip like the JDK does, in the root of the distribution, and alternately publish it with each Milestone and CI build.

As well, there's no easy way to attach source to a runtime. At least with the JDK, there's a place for a source attachment. However, I want to attach source to a runtime. Right now we have to create a user library pointing to all the jar files in the runtime area, attach sources to each of those jars, and then put the library into the build path of the project. That's a royal pain. It would be so much nicer to just have the runtime environment have a configuration setting to look for the src.zip in the root of the runtime and pick it up, as well as put that source onto the source lookup path for anything that is running with that runtime.

So, if you'd like me to submit a JIRA for this it would be:
    1) As an STS and dm Server programmer, I'd like to step into dm Server code and see the source, set breakpoints, and inspect variables.
    2) As an STS and dm Server programmer, I'd like to have the source attachments already built and distributed with the Milestone and CI builds as a src.zip in the root of the distribution, and have STS have a configuraiton in the Runtime setup screen like the JDK setup screen to point to that source attachment.

-J.C.

Nice idea, J.C. Please do open a JIRA for this.

Comment

Working...
    X