Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RepositoryFactory service was not available.

Hi all,
    in my newly installed dm tooling

* SpringSource dm Server Tools (required) 2.2.0.200910161205-SR01 com.springsource.server.ide.feature.feature.group

* Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 1.2.1.20090918-0703 epp.package.jee
    * Eclipse Platform 3.5.1.M20090917-0800 org.eclipse.platform.ide
    * Java EE IDE Feature 1.2.1.20090918-0703 org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.feature.feature.group

I get the following error:

An internal error occurred during: "Downloading bundles and libraries from Enterprise Bundle Repository".
    RepositoryFactory service was not available. Is the repository bundle installed and started?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: RepositoryFactory service was not available. Is the repository bundle installed and started?
    at com.springsource.kernel.tools.internal.SystemPacka geFilteringRepository.getRepositoryFactory(SystemP ackageFilteringRepository.java:270)
    at com.springsource.kernel.tools.internal.SystemPacka geFilteringRepository.createRepository(SystemPacka geFilteringRepository.java:251)
    at com.springsource.kernel.tools.internal.SystemPacka geFilteringRepository.<init>(SystemPackageFilterin gRepository.java:114)
    at com.springsource.kernel.tools.DependencyLocator.<i nit>(DependencyLocator.java:102)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator.<init>(DependencyLocator.java:87)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator20.<init>(DependencyLocator20.java: 44)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.runtime.core.ServerUti ls.createDependencyLocator(ServerUtils.java:174)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.runtime.core.ServerUti ls.createDependencyLocator(ServerUtils.java:140)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainer.createDependencyLoc ator(ServerClasspathContainer.java:545)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainer.refreshClasspathEnt ries(ServerClasspathContainer.java:267)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.util .ClasspathUtils.updateClasspathContainer(Classpath Utils.java:173)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainerUpdateJob.runInWorks pace(ServerClasspathContainerUpdateJob.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorksp aceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.j ava:55)

Any help is appreciated.

After manually starting the bundle in the OSGi console it works.
    This behavior is not very user friendly

765 RESOLVED com.springsource.repository_2.0.0.CI-265

> start 765

765 ACTIVE com.springsource.repository_2.0.0.CI-265

Comment

I've got the exact same configuration and am seeing the same problem.

Comment

Thanks for reporting the problem. I believe that Christian has fixed this issue in the latest dm Server tools available from the update site. The fix should also be available in STS 2.2.0 which was released yesterday.

Please give those a try, and let us know if you're still having problems.

Comment

Working...
        X