X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS, bnd generated war manifests and DM Server 2 M4

Hi, I'm having trouble with deployed to the embedded DM Server once again.

When I try and deploy a war project, whose manifest is being generated by bnd, I get an error dialog that says 'Shared WAR deploy as jst.web modules'.

Now, copying the war to the pickup directory works, so I thought it might be because of this bug: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-167, but fixing it did not make any difference either.

My target directory looks like this (some unimportant bits left out)
    Code:
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/META-INF
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/osgi
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/osgi/hello
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/osgi/hello/web
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/osgi/hello/web/SpeakerController.class
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/hello-servlet.xml
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/jsp
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/jsp/footer.jsp
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/jsp/header.jsp
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/jsp/includes.jsp
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/jsp/list.jsp
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-1.2.0.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/com.springsource.org.antlr-3.0.1.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/com.springsource.org.aopalliance-1.0.0.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.logging-1.1.1.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/com.springsource.org.apache.taglibs.standard-1.1.2.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.aop-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.asm-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.beans-2.5.6.SEC01.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.context-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.core-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.expression-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.osgi.core-1.2.0.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.osgi.io-1.2.0.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.oxm-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.web-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/org.springframework.web.servlet-3.0.0.M3.jar
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/urlrewrite.xml
    target//speaker.web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
    I thought it might be because of the jars in WEB-INF/lib, (it's excluded in the final war) but deleting the lib directory did not make any difference.

Any ideas?

tunaranch,

you are using drag'n'drop to deploy your WAR to dm Server? If so, this pop-up is known problem which will be fixed with the next release.

Please use the server's context menu to "add and remove" modules.

HTH

Christian

Comment

That was indeed the case.

Thanks,.

Comment

Working...
      X