Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable Spring DM Server console?

Spring DM Server use Equinox as the OSGi container, I can use telnet to connect the OSGi console after Spring DM Server startup, but I don't think is convenient for me to debug bundle or to view the bundle's status in Eclipse. I need to show the console.

So how to enable it?

Thanks a lot.

jiangyubao,

as of today dm Server and the dm Server Tools don't have a Bundle or server console in Eclipse. You need to use the telnet console for now to get the kind of information you are looking for.

We do have a UI console in the works that will allow you to take a close look at your bundle and their status within Eclipse. This should be available with an upcoming version of our tooling.

Christian

Comment

I mean how to enable console of SpringSource DM Server.

Without SpringSource DM Server, I know how to enable or disable Equinox's Console, for example:
      to enable console:
      $java -jar org.eclipse.osgi.version -console

and to enable telnet console listen at 9999:
      $java -jar org.eclipse.osgi.version -console 9999

So I think it will be easy for SpringSource DM Server to enable console since it use Equinox as OSGi container.

Thanks!

Comment

jiangyubao,

per default dm Server launches the Equinox console on port 2401. Just telnet into the console as you are used to do it.

You can configure the console settings from the server.config file in the config sub directory:

Code:
        	"osgiConsole": {
        	    "enabled": true,
        	    "port": 2401
        	}
        HTH

Christian

Comment

Working...
        X