Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really newbie question

Hi,

I am quite new (and interested) to all this OSGi and Spring-dm cool stuff, and currently I'm trying out the SpringSource Tool Suite. So, I created a PDE Project with OSGi Bundle Project Nature enabled, after that, I go to MANIFEST > Dependencies, clicked Download at Import Package, selected "org.apache.commons.lang" and finally saved it. Unfortunately an error at the "Import-Package" statement showed up saying "No available bundle exports 'org.apache.commons.lang'", what am I doing wrong? Shouldn't commons-lang be downloaded?

Regards,
    Thiago Souza

Thiago,

please don't create a PDE project but use the SpringSource Bundle Project wizard to create your OSGi bundle project.

Also you need to install and configure the SpringSource dm Server to fully benefit from automatic bundle downloading.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Christian

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your support, I could download the dependency. I am currently evaluating SpringSource Platform and I have some questions:

1. At the dependencies, what is the difference between "Add" and "Download"?
      2. How do I setup (and manage - deploy, remove, etc...) my own dependency repository?
      3. Let's say that there is a project X that is in constant development and there are several developers developing different projects pointing to this project with X [1.0.0, 1.0.0). How and when would these developers see the minor changes in project X?

Regards,
      Thiago Souza

Comment

Working...
      X