Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug during bundle deployment using eclipse tooling?

Hi

I am experiencing very annoying behavior when developing osgi bundles within eclipse when using SpringSource Eclipse Tooling. I have a bundle deployed into dm Server running from inside Eclipse. When I make a change to MANIFEST.MF and save it, this bundle gets automatically redeployed as expected.

At this point, I see this in console output:

Code:
    <SPDE0010I> Deployment of 'org.xyz' version '1' completed.
    However, when the change I make causes bundle to fail during the deployment because of the missing Import-Package statement which ultimately causes java.lang.ClassNotFoundException, I get this output:

Code:
    <SPDE0011E> Deployment of 'org.xyz' version '1' failed.
    Trying to fix it, I get this behavior. I go and change the manifest by adding the missing Import-Package statement and re-save. Bundle gets redeployed automatically again, this time successfully, but the name and version of the deployed bundle is incorrect. This is what I see in console output:

Code:
    <SPDE0010I> Deployment of 'org.xyz.jar' version '0' completed.
    Please note that '.jar' is added and version changes from 1 to 0. This also causes that other bundles relying on this bundle won't get deployed as org.xyz_1.0.0 is not available.

As a workaround I found out this sequence of steps:

1. I go to manifest editor Runtime tab
    2. Click on Properties for an exported package.
    3. Remove any version for that Export-Package statement.
    4. Click OK
    5. Click on Properties for an exported package again.
    6. Add 1.0.0 version for that Export-Package statement.
    7. Click OK
    8. Save

At this point, bundle gets redeployed automatically again, but this time correctly as:

Code:
    <SPDE0010I> Deployment of 'org.xyz' version '1' completed.
    Any idea what might be wrong?

This sounds like a bug in dm Server that I should investigate. I'm pretty busy at the moment, so I'd appreciate you raising an issue on the issue tracker if you wouldn't mind.

Comment

Issue raised: https://issuetracker.springsource.co...e/PLATFORM-184

Comment

As pointed out by Glyn on the JIRA we couldn't reproduce this problem on the very recent development version of dm Server and corresponding tools. I was able to reproduce it with the the 1.0.0 GA version.

Christian

Comment

Ok, I'll give it a go once 1.0.1 version is released. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X