X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constant "Updating bundle class container for project"

I created a maven project with a couple of modules.
    Module A depends on module B.

Eclipse keeps going back and forth between "Updating bundle class container for project" A and B. This is with the Spring DM classpath container disabled. I'm only using the maven classpath container.

If I remove the OSGI Bundle Project Nature, this goes away.

I see that the PDE nature is enabled for the project. Is it supposed to be or not?

Comment

kryptolus,

the PDE nature should not be enabled on those projects. Would you be able to zip up the projects (or a stripped down version) and attach that to JIRA. I can then try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks for your effort.

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
        kryptolus,

the PDE nature should not be enabled on those projects. Would you be able to zip up the projects (or a stripped down version) and attach that to JIRA. I can then try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks for your effort.

Christian
        I'll try to disable the PDE nature first and if that doesn't work I'll try to get you the project. I used the spring-osgi-bundle archetype to create the project and I believe I ended up with PDE enabled.

Comment

kryptolus,

I looked at your sample projects in the meantime and could reproduce and fix the problem. The two projects essentially created a cycle dependency importing each others exports, which was most likely caused by the fact that both projects used the sample internal packages names and exported those projects but also imported them.

Exporting and importing own packages is very common when using BND or the Felix Maven plugin.

Anyway I fixed that in the tools and it will be available in the next version.

Thanks for taking time to file a JIRA.

STS-57: Constant "updating bundle classpath" between two projects
          https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-57

Christian

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X