Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL debugging option and configuration.

Hi,

I am trying to activate the debugging option of SSL. From my research, I found that I should *simply* give the following arguments : -Djava.net.debug=all to have the package javax.net.ssl logging.

However, when I add this argument to the list of arguments given to the VM who is running springsource DM Server 2.0.2. nothing is logged in the console, nor in the appender logfile.

Additionnally, the server is ran from eclipse STS 2.3.3M, and this, running under a version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

When I check the serviceability.xml file contained in the springsource DM Server 2.0.2, everything seems in order.
    To be exact, here is the file in question:
    Code:
    <configuration>
    	<appender name="SIFTED_LOG_FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.sift.SiftingAppender">
    		<discriminator>
    			<Key>applicationName</Key>
    			<DefaultValue>dm-server</DefaultValue>
    		</discriminator>
    		<sift>
    			<appender name="${applicationName}_LOG_FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
    				<file>serviceability/logs/${applicationName}/log.log</file>
    				<rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy">
    					<FileNamePattern>serviceability/logs/${applicationName}/log_%i.log</FileNamePattern>
    					<MinIndex>1</MinIndex>
    					<MaxIndex>4</MaxIndex>
    				</rollingPolicy>
    				<triggeringPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy">
    					<MaxFileSize>10MB</MaxFileSize>
    				</triggeringPolicy>
    				<layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
    					<Pattern>[%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS}] %-28.28thread %-64.64logger{64} %X{medic.eventCode} %msg %ex%n</Pattern>
    				</layout>
    			</appender>
    		</sift>
    	</appender>

<appender name="LOG_FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
    		<file>serviceability/logs/log.log</file>
    			<FileNamePattern>serviceability/logs/log_%i.log</FileNamePattern>
    			<MinIndex>1</MinIndex>
    			<MaxIndex>4</MaxIndex>
    		</rollingPolicy>
    		<triggeringPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy">
    		</triggeringPolicy>
    			<Pattern>[%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS}] %-28.28thread %-64.64logger{64} %X{medic.eventCode} %msg %ex%n</Pattern>
    		</layout>
    	</appender>

<appender name="EVENT_LOG_STDOUT" class="com.springsource.osgi.medic.log.logback.ReroutingAwareConsoleAppender">
    			<Pattern>%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} %-5p [%t] %c - %m%n</Pattern>
    		</layout>
    	</appender>

<appender name="EVENT_LOG_FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
    		<file>serviceability/eventlogs/eventlog.log</file>
    			<FileNamePattern>serviceability/eventlogs/eventlog_%i.log</FileNamePattern>
    			<MinIndex>1</MinIndex>
    			<MaxIndex>4</MaxIndex>
    		</rollingPolicy>
    		</triggeringPolicy>
    			<Pattern>[%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS}] %-28.28thread &lt;%X{medic.eventCode}&gt; %msg %ex%n</Pattern>
    		</layout>
    	</appender>

<logger level="INFO" additivity="false" name="com.springsource.osgi.medic.eventlog.localized">
                    <appender-ref ref="LOG_FILE" />
    		<appender-ref ref="EVENT_LOG_STDOUT" />
    	</logger>

<logger level="INFO" additivity="false" name="com.springsource.osgi.medic.eventlog.default">
    	</logger>

<root level="ERROR">
    	</root>

<logger level="DEBUG" additivity="false" name="javax.net"> 
            </logger> 
    </configuration>

Am I missing something here ? I don't know where else to look or what I should do in order for the logging to happens.

I tried running a main() in a very simplist class using sslcontext and creating socket, and I've had the logs in the console on the first try. So, as least, i'm sure its not the VM arguments who'se the problem.

thanks for the time, and in hope of an answer
Working...
X