X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting DM 2.0 With a Custom Configuration Directory

I am trying to use same DM server installation to run multiple instances. Each instance should have its own serviceability, pickup, bin, config, work, repository/usr

I have changed com.springsource.repository.properties, com.springsource.osgi.medic.properties, serviceability.xml, com.springsource.kernel.properties and specified the absolute path for pickup, serviceability, repository.

I use the following command to start DM server

bin/startup.sh -configDir /home/<SOMEPATH>/dm-instance/config -clean

It picks the bundles from pickup, repository/usr directories specified under DM instance. But it picks the default serviceability and work directories under DM server installation and not under DM server instance.

How do I configure work and serviceability directories for DM instance?

It seems that this function is probably not available. It's something which was supported in dm Server 1.0 IIRC, but which has fallen into disuse. Perhaps it will be implemented in Virgo. Please raise a Virgo bugzilla if you want to request the function.

Comment

Is there any update/workaround for this issue?

Comment

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=307737 was raised to track this.

There is no good workaround, but I suppose you might be able to use symbolic links to link config files from the config directory to an alternative location.

Comment

Working...
        X