• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the M5 Console broken

Hello
    When I start m4 I see the message:
    Code:
    [2009-10-16 15:29:16.667] main                     <OF0001I> OSGi telnet console available on port 2401. 
    Listening on port 2401 ...
    And can telnet to it:
    Code:
    tpurcell@linux-glk3:~/data/springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.M5> telnet localhost 2401
    Trying 127.0.0.1...                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Connected to localhost.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    Escape character is '^]'.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

osgi> ss

Framework is launched.

id      State       Bundle
    0       ACTIVE      org.eclipse.osgi_3.5.100.v20090629
    1       ACTIVE      com.springsource.slf4j.api_1.5.6  
    But when m5 comes up I get the message:
    Code:
    [2009-10-16 10:50:53.719] Thread-2                     <SH0001I> dm Kernel ssh shell available on port 2402.
    The funny thing about the port is that "com.springsource.kernel.properties" has this:
    Code:
    shell.enabled=true
    shell.port=2401
    If I change "com.springsource.kernel.properties" to point to port 9090 I get this message on start up:
    Code:
    [2009-10-16 15:21:32.891] Thread-2                     <SH0001I> dm Kernel ssh shell available on port 9091.
    It seems that 1 gets added to whatever is configured.

Further, which ever port its set to when you telnet in you get this:
    Code:
    tpurcell@linux-glk3:~/data/springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.M5> telnet localhost 9091
    Trying 127.0.0.1...                                                              
    Connected to localhost.                                                          
    Escape character is '^]'.                                                        
    SSH-2.0-SSHD-CORE-0.2.0                                                          
    4                                                                                
    ����1▒=�ƛ*��▒diffie-hellman-group1-sha1ssh-dss6aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc6aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc+hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,hmac-md5-96,hmac-sha1-96+hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,hmac-md5-96,hmac-sha1-96nonenone�C�@oxG�?�^]
    The session is unusable.

I'm on a 64bit linux box (openSuse 11.1). JDK info:
    Code:
    osgi> getprop java.vm
    java.vm.info=mixed mode
    java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
    java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.specification.version=1.0
    java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.version=11.0-b16

Thanks
    Tom

Telnet is gone - try this:

ssh -p 2402 admin@localhost

password is "springsource"

http://blog.springsource.com/2009/10/15/the-dm-shell/

Comment

Dmitry

Thanks but does it make sense that I configure port 9090 so I can connect on 9091?

Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tpurcell View Post
        Dmitry

Thanks but does it make sense that I configure port 9090 so I can connect on 9091?

Thanks
        Tom
        Tom, apologies. No it does not make sense. The intention was to keep the telnet console available on the configured port, and to make the ssh console available on the configured port plus one as a migration step from the old console to the new one. Unfortunately, we negected to keep the old console available on the configured port.

Comment

Working...
        X