Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
dm Server v2 - is com.springsource.kernel.launch.properties modifications taboo? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dm Server v2 - is com.springsource.kernel.launch.properties modifications taboo?

I would like to start some bundles as part of the kernel start up. Those bundles are mostly decorators over ConfigAdmin (to read config data from jcr for example) and some low level infrastructure stuff that I would like to keep away from user control, i.e. pickup or bundles/usr.

Is modifications of com.springsource.kernel.launch.properties correct way to do it?

I have to mention that I am fully in control of deployment platform (for now at least ). I don't have to worry about deploying on the freshly downloaded instance of dm server.

You are free to edit the launch properties file to introduce your own infrastructure. The simplest change is to extend the property com.springsource.kernel.region.bundles that determines which bundles are installed (and optionally started) in the place where applications will be deployed.

A blog on the so called "user region" will appear in the next few days and will provide more background.

Comment

Glyn,

Thank you for response. Will be watching the blog.

Comment

http://blog.springsource.com/2009/10/13/regions/ :-)

Comment

Working...
        X