Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the console

Hi

Is it possible to deploy/undeploy and do other dm server admin things from command prompt? In Websphere or other application servers, we can use the command prompt for all admin operations. Is the same thing possible with dm server as well?

In 1.0.x, the functionality that's available via the console is limited to what's provided by Equinox. A JMX MBean is available that you can use to deploy and undeploy applications, but you'll have to write a client.

In 2.0, we're extensively improving the console, or shell as we call it. This shell will provide a superset of what's possible in 1.0.x, and will be available securely over ssh. This functionality is starting to appear in the latest nightly builds, and will be included in M5. You may be interested in DMS-1278 which will add artifact administration to the shell. This will probably be implemented post M5.

Keep an eye on the SpringSource blog, as we'll be blogging about the new shell around the time of the M5 release which will be in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Thanks. This was really useful information.

In 1.0.x, the functionality that's available via the console is limited to what's provided by Equinox. A JMX MBean is available that you can use to deploy and undeploy applications, but you'll have to write a client.
      Is there any detailed documentation on what all things can be done? In the dm server user's guide I could only see that for deployment we can use the hot deploy i.e. by copying the par/jar/war file into the pickup directory. That is the only information that's available there.

In 2.0, we're extensively improving the console, or shell as we call it. This shell will provide a superset of what's possible in 1.0.x, and will be available securely over ssh.
      2.0 is currently only having milestone releases. When will the actual release happen?

Comment

Originally posted by pa7751 View Post
        Is there any detailed documentation on what all things can be done? In the dm server user's guide I could only see that for deployment we can use the hot deploy i.e. by copying the par/jar/war file into the pickup directory. That is the only information that's available there.
        The help command in the Equinox console provides information about all of the commands that are available to you.

2.0 is currently only having milestone releases. When will the actual release happen?
        2.0's currently scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of this year.

Comment

Working...
        X