Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Log messages broken in springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.CI-B351 on Windows Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Log messages broken in springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.CI-B351 on Windows

    When starting the latest server snapshot in windows I get the following output.

    Code:
    C:\server\springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.CI-B351>.\bin\startup.bat
    Listening on port 2401 ...
    [2009-08-04 15:01:30.348] main                     <ME0001W> A message with the key 'OF0001I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[2401]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:33.863] main                     <ME0001W> A message with the key 'KE0002I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:34.222] main                     <ME0001W> A message with the key 'KE0003I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:34.300] server-dm-9              <ME0001W> A message with the key 'PM0000I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[web]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:36.675] server-dm-9              <ME0001W> A message with the key 'TC0000I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:36.784] server-dm-9              <ME0001W> A message with the key 'TC0001I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[HTTP/1.1, http, 8080]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:36.815] server-dm-9              <ME0001W> A message with the key 'TC0001I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[HTTP/1.1, https, 8443]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:36.815] server-dm-9              <ME0001W> A message with the key 'TC0001I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[AJP/1.3, http, 8009]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:36.972] server-dm-9              <ME0001W> A message with the key 'PM0001I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[web]'
    [2009-08-04 15:01:37.503] Deployer Recovery        <ME0001W> A message with the key 'PM0002I' was not found. The inserts for the message were '[web]'
     ...
    Everything looks fine (logging-wise) when run in a Linux environment.

    regards, Peter

  • #2
    Thanks, Peter. This is a strange one... I've just tried it on my Windows XP image and, with the server unzipped to the same directory as you're using (I wondered if it may be related to a Windows path-length limitation), it produced the expected output:

    Code:
    C:\server\springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.CI-B351>.\bin\startup.bat
    [2009-08-04 16:57:12.137] main                     <OF0001I> OSGi telnet console available on port 2401.
    Listening on port 2401 ...
    [2009-08-04 16:57:17.731] main                     <KE0002I> Kernel installed.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:18.075] main                     <KE0003I> Kernel started.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:18.293] server-dm-10             <PM0000I> Installing profile 'web'.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:22.497] server-dm-10             <TC0000I> Starting Tomcat.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:22.606] server-dm-10             <TC0001I> Creating HTTP/1.1 connector with scheme http on port 8080.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:22.809] server-dm-10             <TC0001I> Creating HTTP/1.1 connector with scheme https on port 8443.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:22.825] server-dm-10             <TC0001I> Creating AJP/1.3 connector with scheme http on port 8009.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:22.997] server-dm-10             <PM0001I> Installed profile 'web'.
    [2009-08-04 16:57:23.950] Deployer Recovery        <PM0002I> Server open for business with profile 'web'.
    Can you please let me know what version of Windows and what version of Java you're using and I'll have another go at recreating the problem?

    Thanks,
    Andy

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Andy,

      I'm running on Windows XP (SP3) and

      Code:
      >java -version
      java version "1.6.0_14"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)
      I have tried several recent snapshots (B348-B354) and none of them work.
      However, I did notice that 2.0.0.M3 works fine. Unfortunately, I need the property file deployment capability, which did not make it into the code base until after M3.

      regards, Peter

      Comment


      • #4
        The cause of the problem finally dawned on me this evening. My suspicion is that it's due to the default locale of the machine on which you're running dm Server. I can reproduce the problem on all platforms if I start dm Server with the user.language system property set to a non-English locale. My guess is that your Windows box is configured with a locale other than English, and your Linux box has an English locale configured.

        Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention. I've opened DMS-1266 to fix it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks Andy,

          indeed you are right.

          Code:
          set _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Duser.language=en"
          fixes the problem.

          Comment

          Working...
          X