Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RequestDispatcher welcome-file

Hi!

I'm new using Spring-DM with Spring-MVC, and I would like to assign a welcome-file to my web application.
    Using the web.xml file would be something like:
    Code:

<welcome-file-list>
                    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
            </welcome-file-list>
    The problem is that I don't want to use the web.xml file but instead put this configuration in the manifest.mf file. Is this possible?

I know that is possible to do that:
    Web-DispatcherServletUrlPatterns: *.htm
    instead of:
    Code:

<url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
    Is there something similar for welcome-file? Am I wrong?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Victor

I think you're referring to dm Server instead of Spring DM - I'm moving this thread to the appropriate forum.

Comment

Hi Victor,

Originally posted by vgaspar View Post
      Is there something similar for welcome-file?
      No, there is no equivalent for setting the welcome file via a manifest header. You will need to continue to set this in web.xml per web application.

If you would like to change the global list of welcome files for the entire dm Server instance:
      • For dm Server 1.0.x: you will need to update the global welcome-file-list in config/servlet/web.xml.
      • For dm Server 2.0.x: I'm not yet sure where the global web.xml file is located. So perhaps Rob Harrop can answer that one.

Regards,

Sam

p.s. we did have support for a Web-WelcomeFiles manifest header for Web Modules during the beta period for dm Server 1.0, but I removed that feature in favor of web.xml fragments before 1.0 Final. Perhaps this was the cause of your confusion.

Comment

Working...
      X