Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Setting access rights on jmxremote.password file in dm server 2M1 installation Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting access rights on jmxremote.password file in dm server 2M1 installation

I've downloaded dm server 2.0.0.M1 and now trying to install it. I have been setup JAVA_HOME and DMS_HOME path variables. When I try to start the server it says:

C:\Programme\Springsource\springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.M1\bin>startup
    Fehler: Lesezugriff auf Passwortdatei muss eingeschränkt sein.: C:\Programme\Springsource\springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.M1\bin\..\config\management\jmxremote.passwo rd

Saying something like: Read access must be restricted on jmxremote.password file.
    I'm not sure if this has smth. to do with the access rights that windows users have on this file. Anyway since I use Windows XP Home I cannot restrict the access. What should I do now?

The problem you're encountering is being tracked by DMS-456.

If you'd like to manually modify the permissions some instructions are available on Sun's web site. Alternatively, you may like to modify the startup.bat script to echo the appropriate character for your locale as described in the issue.

Comment

Working...
    X