X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependencys

Hi community, i am using a spring dm server setup with the spring ide tools for eclipse. im wondering about how to getting my projects set up because i get in trouble with eclipse dependency management or with the server dependency management every time i check out my projects or implementing new ones. either the server will not start because of a shitload of dependency problems or eclipse is not able to resolve them from the server.

sometimes i was able to get things working with removing and adding spring/spring osgi project nature or even removing and adding the manivest new.

did you also get these problems that are extremly annoying? what are your ways to avoid this? i think that i use the server/ide in a wrong way because it can't be right having to try solving this kind of problems a very huge amount of time.

freakysheep,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Let us try to solve your problems together.

From what I understand you can't seem to find a solid and reproducible way to get the dependencies of your bundles to resolve in both, Eclipse and dm Server.

Without knowing what the concrete problem is that you are seeing I can only provide some starting points to check.

1. Dependencies are resolved against a dm Server bundle repository. Therefore you need to either deploy or target your bundle against a dm Server instance configured in Eclipse. By target I mean setting the Target Runtime under Project - Properties.
    2. Bundle dependencies between bundles from the Eclipse workspace are only resolved if both bundles are part of a PAR or explicitly referenced by Project References (Project Properties - Project References)
    3. If you add or remove from your local filesystem you need to refresh the Eclipse in-memory index. Open the Server Editor and open the Repository Page. Click the refresh link in the right column.
    4. Use the context menu entry to refresh your Bundle Dependencies (Right click on the project - Spring Tools - Refresh Bundle Dependencies)

Also make sure to check out the Tooling Chapter in the SpringSource dm Server Programmer Guide: http://static.springsource.com/proje...e.html#tooling

I'm happy go into more depth if you can provide some more detail of what isn't working for you.

HTH

Christian

Comment

Working...
    X