Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nohup startup. Exception in shutdown

Hi.

I've installed springsource-dm-server-1.0.2.RELEASE and I've these problems/questions:

My connection to server is through SSH. Server is Linux 2.6.23.1 (Rad Hat 4.1.2-33) with Java 1.5

When I start server with startup.sh everything works. But how can I start it with nohup command ? Executing nohup bin/startup.sh didn't release it. But as I press Ctrl+C server shutdowns.

When I try to shutdown running server (in another console window) I get an exception:
    Code:
    [root@myserver myaddr]# springsource-dm-server-1.0.2.RELEASE/bin/shutdown.sh
    java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.14.4.40; nested exception is:
            java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
            at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown Source)
    I have no idea what host it is. Localhost should be 10.15.4.40

It seems that our startup script is not compatible with nohup. I've created an issue at: https://issuetracker.springsource.co...e/PLATFORM-233 to track this.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

How about second issue

Originally posted by robh View Post
      It seems that our startup script is not compatible with nohup.
      Thanks for answer. But what about second issue ? Exception during shutdown. Do you think it's related to first one ?

Comment

Just as an FYI, I am not sure that this is an issue.
        I just tried to start it with nohup and everything went just fine.
        First off to your original problem:
        nohup does not automatically put the command it runs in the background; you must do that explicitly, by ending the command line with an & symbol. So, here it is
        Code:
        nohup bin/startup.sh &
        As for the second problem, it is hard to tell without knowing your network/server configurations and if you did modify any scripts. By default it will communicate via JMX with service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://127.0.0.1:9875/jmxrmi to initiate shutdown

Comment

Working...
        X