Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some nodes on profile.config

Hi,

I'm picked up this information at blog.springsource.com. Actually, I'm not able to post a link. Sorry.
    The DMK itself requires a minimal set of bundles to run, and is configured with a profile to control exactly the set of additional modules that are loaded. For example, the DMK does not require Tomcat to be present, but the default Platform profile includes Tomcat to allow web applications to be deployed. If you want to run a Platform without Tomcat, you can simply edit the profile and it won't be installed. (If you try this - remember that removing web support means that web modules will no longer deploy, so delete the contents of the pickup directory so the platform won't attempt to install the Admin and splash screen applications when it starts.) The default Platform configuration with the admin console installed takes only 15MB of memory.
    In order to switch from the "web" profile to the minimal profile I consult the dm server documentation and other sources. I can't find anything related stuff to this profile configuration.

Is there some information out on the web?

The list of subsystems configured in the server's profile.config file controls what functionality is and is not available in the dm Server. The default profile config includes the servlet subsystem (which provides Tomcat) and the web subsystem (which provides support for Web modules and WAR files:

Code:
    {
            "profile": {
                    "version" : 1.0,
                    "name" : "web",
                    "subsystems" : ["com.springsource.server.servlet", "com.springsource.server.web"],
                    "optionalSubsystems" : ["com.springsource.server.management"]
            }
    }
    If you do not want to make use of Tomcat or of dm Server's support for Web applications you can remove both of these subsystems from the profile:

Code:
    {
            "profile": {
                    "version" : 1.0,
                    "name" : "minimal",
                    "subsystems" : [],
                    "optionalSubsystems" : ["com.springsource.server.management"]
            }
    }
    Removing the web and servlet subsystems from the configured list will ensure that they're not started by dm Server. You may also want to specify a different name for the profile (I've named it minimal in the example above), so that it's clear at startup which profile your server is running.

Comment

Working...
    X