X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error on deploying petclinic in dm server

I followed the instructions in readme.txt for petclinic-1.5.0.RELEASE to deploy the app in springsource-dm-server-1.0.0.RELEASE.

I am using HSQLDB and Hibernate.

Here is the server log on startup. Please explain root cause of this error and how to fix it. thx.

Code:
    [2008-11-03 15:04:53.879] fs-watcher               <SPDE0048I> Processing 'INITIAL' event for file 'server.admin.splash-1.0.0.RELEASE.war'.
    [2008-11-03 15:04:53.895] fs-watcher               <SPDE0031I> File 'server.admin.splash-1.0.0.RELEASE.war' already deployed.
    [2008-11-03 15:04:53.895] fs-watcher               <SPDE0048I> Processing 'INITIAL' event for file 'server.admin.web-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar'.
    [2008-11-03 15:04:53.911] fs-watcher               <SPDE0031I> File 'server.admin.web-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar' already deployed.
    [2008-11-03 15:04:53.911] fs-watcher               <SPDE0048I> Processing 'INITIAL' event for file 'org.springframework.petclinic.hibernate-1.5.0.RELEASE.par'.
    [2008-11-03 15:05:01.160] fs-watcher               <SPSC1000I> Creating web application '/petclinic'.
    [2008-11-03 15:05:02.519] server-dm-6              <SPDE0020E> Application context creation failure for bundle 'org.springframework.petclinic.hibernate-1.5.0.RELEASE-org.springframework.petclinic.infrastructure.hsqldb'.
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'dataSource' defined in URL [bundleentry://88/META-INF/spring/module-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (socket creation error)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1337)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.completeRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:276)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$CompleteRefreshTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:145)
    	at com.springsource.server.kernel.dm.ContextPropagatingTaskExecutor$2.run(ContextPropagatingTaskExecutor.java:82)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (socket creation error)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1244)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1413)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1374)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)
    	... 16 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: socket creation error
    	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
    	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    	at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:38)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:294)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1266)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1240)
    	... 23 more

[2008-11-03 15:05:03.597] service-monitor-thread-1 <SPCC0001W> Mandatory reference '&dataSource' in bundle 'org.springframework.petclinic.hibernate-1.5.0.RELEASE-org.springframework.petclinic.repository.hibernate' version '1.5.0.RELEASE' is waiting for service with filter '(&(objectClass=javax.sql.DataSource)(com.springsource.server.app.name=org.springframework.petclinic.hibernate-1.5.0.RELEASE))'.
    [2008-11-03 15:05:04.769] fs-watcher               <SPDE0011E> Deployment of 'org.springframework.petclinic.hibernate' version '1.5.0.RELEASE' failed.
    [2008-11-03 15:05:04.785] fs-watcher               <SPDE0005E> Hot deploy failed for resource 'C:\springsource-dm-server-1.0.0.RELEASE\pickup\org.springframework.petclinic.hibernate-1.5.0.RELEASE.par'.

Originally posted by rabies View Post
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: socket creation error
    To fix this, you need to make sure you start the database by following the instructions in the Setting up the database section of the readme.txt file.

HTH,

Sam

Comment

I skipped the step of starting the server using server.bat for windows (and had modified the build.xml as well thinking there was a possible port conflict on 9001).

I recommend you guys make the instructions in readme.txt more readable by adding bullet points for each step.

Comment

Working...
      X