X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an Ivy cache repository that uses a system property

I can't seem to get dm Server to recognize my Ivy cache if I use a system property as described in the docs. It does work, however, if I use a hard-coded path.

In other words, the following does not appear to work.
    Code:
    ivybundles.type=external
    ivybundles.searchPattern=${user.home}/.ivy2/cache/{org}/{name}/jars/{bundle}-{version}.jar
    ivybundles.indexRefreshInterval=30

ivylibraries.type=external
    ivylibraries.searchPattern=${user.home}/.ivy2/cache/{org}/{name}/libds/{library}-{version}.libd
    ivylibraries.indexRefreshInterval=30

chain=ext,usr,ivybundles,ivylibraries
    Notes
    • Oddly enough, STS recognizes this just fine and produces the correct list of bundles and libraries in the repository browser.
    • STS, on the other hand, flags an error on the bundle's manifest stating that the bundle could not be resolved
    • I realize I'm combining two issues here, but trying to give a full picture in case it provides some clues

Am I missing something?

Versions:
    dmServer: 2.0.0.RC1
    STS: 2.3.0.RELEASE

I've just tried to reproduce this and things appear to be working fine from a dm Server perspective. With dm Server unzipped on my desktop, I configured the ext repository's search pattern as follows:

Code:
    ext.searchPattern=${user.home}/Desktop/springsource-dm-server-2.0.0.RC1/repository/ext/{artifact}
    dm Server started successfully and was able to make use of all of the artifacts in the repository.

Could you please try this in your environment and let us know how you get on?

I also tried using the same server via STS 2.3.0 and, while it started successfully, the repository browser didn't show any bundles, and code completion of package names in the manifest editor did not work. We're looking into this side of things.

Comment

STS-614 has slipped my mind over the Christmas break. When STS is run on a Java 6 VM, the repository browser shows all of the bundles and code completion works in the manifest editor which is more in keeping with your experience.

Can you please try the ext repository configuration change I described above, and let us know how you get on?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X