Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenpages example - which license?

Hi,

I changed the greenpages example from the SpringSource dm Server and I want to push the code to a open repository (google code). This example runs with EMF, Teneo and Hibernate.

I'm a little bit confused about the license. In the source is a GPLv3 license header but the license.txt file is an apache license. Which one should I use?

Thanks,
    Oliver

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. All of the dm Server samples, including GreenPages, are licensed under ASL v2. I've opened DMS-1492 to correct the headers in the source files.

It's great to hear that you've extended GreenPages, and that you want to publish your modifications. I look forward to seeing what you've done

Comment

I have checked the source code of the pet-project and then saw that no header is included. Is it okay to delete the GPLv3-header from the greenpages sources and publish the example only with the license.txt file or should I wait until the changes are made in your source base?

Comment

I have added some text to DMS-1492 to make it clear that the fix is to replace the GPL license header with the ASL v2 license header for all the source files in the Greenpages sample.

IANAL, but I think it would be perfectly ok for you to fix defect DMS-1492 in your copy of the code. (Of course, it would not be legal for you to change the license headers in other areas of code such as dm Server itself.)

You could then submit the fix as a patch if you wanted to - this is open source after all. ;-)

Comment

Here is the example with apache 2.0 licence. Sorry for the delay.

spring-greenpages-with-teneo

Regrads
          Oliver

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X