X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• view.xml problem on no internet connection

I am observing following error for view.xml file used by org.springframework.web.servlet.view.XmlViewResolv er

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionStoreException: Line 1 in XML document from OSGi resource[classpath:/META-INF/spring/view.xml|bnd.id=93|
    ... 16 more
    Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.

this error occures only when Spring Server doesn't have connection to internet (so schema definnition cannot be downolade via http). the problem occurs only for view.xml. context-*.xml file's loaders are able to work without network connection.
    Is that issue related to Spring Server, Dynamic Modules or framework ?
    Is there any chance to solve this issue ?

This sounds very similar to a problem that we've encountered with our own Enterprise Bundle Repository application: DMS-170. As you can see in the issue, we expect the issue to be fixed in dm Server 2.0, when we migrate to Spring DM 2.0.

In the meantime, I know that a workaround was implemented in our EBR application, unfortunately I don't know the details. Once I've found out the details of the workaround, I'll post them here: hopefully it'll be suitable for your situation too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Wilkinson View Post
      In the meantime, I know that a workaround was implemented in our EBR application, unfortunately I don't know the details. Once I've found out the details of the workaround, I'll post them here: hopefully it'll be suitable for your situation too.
      Thanks for answer.
      I have also one workaround to post here. Simplest I could find. I ommit view.xml by using different ModelAndView constructor. As at the moment I have only one view in use I am injcting view object to my controllers.
      But maybe your solution is more flexible. so please post it here if you'll get the details.

Comment

Unfortunately, the workaround used in our EBR application was pretty much the same as yours: the app was modified so that it doesn't use the XmlViewResolver any more.

Comment

Working...
        X