Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we allowed to use the DM server on a public web server?

Hello,

My question is about the following: when downloading the binaries, I have to agree with a license that states (under 'License Grant'): to install and use the Products solely for Customerís internal business operations .

When downloading the source code (GPL) and building from that, the resulting binaries have the same non-GPL license included in the zip file.

Does this mean that I am not allowed to deploy the server on my publicly accessible web server?

So my question is not about redistributing the server, but about its usage on a server where e.g. anonymous-non-internal-business-people would have access to the web site powered by the SpringSource DM Server.

Either way, thank you for creating such a great product!!

Yes, you allowed to use the dm Server on a public web server!

Using dm Server to run applications for your business on your own infrastructure or rented infrastructure is definitely a use case permitted by the license. SpringSouce dm Server is designed to power public facing websites so you are certainly allowed to "deploy the dm Server on a publicly accessible web server" to run your applications for "anonymous-non-internal-business-people."

I'm glad you like dm Server so much. Good luck with your deployments.

Adam FitzGerald
    SpringSource

Comment

Thanks

Phew, that's a relief

Thank you very much for answering so quickly.

Comment

Working...
      X