X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected wiring to lower package version

Thank you for clearing that up, it makes much more sense now. With regard to my last post: I'm not entirely sure why we were importing osgi.core, but removed it and implemented your suggestion there; as for the cause though, things are still a little unclear. I used osgi.core as an example in the last post, but we've had this happen with other bundles, including our own when we have multiply versions in repository. I am only using one version of the springsource dm server (1.0.1-RELEASE), and only through Eclipse using the lastest release of the Tooling. The following is an actual example that has cause me some pain:

bundle.dao.impl imports bundle.dao.interfaces;version [1.0.0,2.0.0)
    bundle.service.impl imports bundle.dao.interfaces;version [1.0.0,2.0.0)

and in the user repository, there are bundle.dao.interfaces versions 1.0.0.CI-1 and 1.0.0.CI-2.

What keeps happening, is that bundle.dao.impl uses version 1.0.0.CI-2 and bundle.service.impl uses 1.0.0.CI-1. So bundle.service.impl doesn't recognize the dao interfaces exported as services by bundle.dao.impl.

This appears to be a different problem than original post, but also related. Should I start a new thread for this?

I started a new thread for you. :-)

We tried to reproduce your problem on 1.0.1 and couldn't, so please would you raise a JIRA issue and attach (cut down versions of?) your bundles so we can investigate further. If you could also attach the trace.log file from dm Server's serviceability/trace directory, that would be very helpful.

The correct behaviour, which we observed, is that both importers should wire to the higher version of the 'interfaces' package.

Comment

Created issue: https://issuetracker.springsource.co...e/PLATFORM-228

Comment

What the deal with issue DMS-41 ? It says resolved, but not mention of what version of dm server we could find this fix in.

thanks,
        craig

Comment

Craig, thanks for pointing this out, I've updated the JIRA. This should be fixed in 1.0.3, which will be released soon, and in 2.0.0.M1.

Comment

Working...
          X