Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problem running the springtravel code samples on dm server\sts Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem running the springtravel code samples on dm server\sts

Hi, I'm trying to run the spring-travel code sample with sts eclipse. I've done everything the readme file says but I'm stuck in the last few line

Finally, in order for the projects to compile, the STS dm Server Tools must be instructed to resolve dependencies expressed via OSGi manifest headers. This is accomplished by associating the PAR (i.e., the org.springframework.samples.springtravel Eclipse
    project) with the Server instance.

can anyone explain how I would associate the project with a dm server instance?

Thanks

To associate the project with your dm Server instance you need to configure the project's targeted runtime. You can do this from the project's properties: right-click -> Properties. Then just select an existing dm Server or, if one does not already exist, use the New... button to create one pointing to your dm Server installation.

Comment

Thanks Andy, I did that but that does not solve my problems

I wish there was more in the readme...

Did you run the springtravel sample?

1. I get the server to run but the app is unavailable
      2. I get lots of missing imports when I look at the code in eclipse.

any ideas?

Comment

In general, when you add a Target Platform to a PAR its composing bundle projects will not automatically resolve their dependencies against your server repository. To force the tooling to do that, it's easiest to do a 'fake manifest edit' for every bundle project: just add a character to MANIFEST.MF, delete it again and save the file. This forces the Bundle Dependencies classpath container to be recomputed.

Comment

Joris you are a star! Thanks for the tip

Joris,

Thanks for the tip - I have being scratching my head for several hours wondering what was going on. I had exactly the same problem as liorbb.

After performing a fake manifest edit I got my application deployed.

If you are expecting people to use the STS tooling and the new dm Server it is very important that the samples "just" work. Therefore I would recommend that the project/readme.txt is amended to explain why we need to do the fake manifest edit.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Comment

Thanks Joris

Comment

Working...
            X