Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sybase jdbc driver and jasperreports 3.0.0 as osgi bundles?

Dear S2AP team,

I can't find sybase driver and jasperreports 3 (old jasperreports 2.0.5 is there) in your repository.

I have tried to create war-lib project which contains all jars I haven't as osgi bundles.
    I added all jars to classpath in these war-lib and exported those packages.
    com.company.infrastructure.sybase bundle imports com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc package
    but on deploy I get error: com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver class isn't found

I tried to change MANIFEST.MF in conn2.jar - sybase driver file to add needed info but unsuccessfully.

I think there are many jars in the world that wasn't yet converted to osgi bundles and I'm not alone in such situation.

Can you provide some manual-help for this problem?

Regards

Roman

sybase jdbc driver and jasperreports 3.0.0 as osgi bundles?

Any advices how to use jdbc drivers not available as osgi bundles?
    And not open source.

Regards

Roman

Comment

Roman,

You have a few options:

1) If your application is a traditional JEE WAR file, you can package the JAR in WEB-INF/lib. There would be no need to import any packages in this case.
      2) If your application is packaged as one or more OSGi bundles, you can package the JAR within a bundle and reference it via the Bundle-ClassPath manifest header. There would also be no need to import any packages in this case.
      3) You can use BND (http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd) to create an OSGi bundle from an existing JAR file as described here: http://blog.springsource.com/main/2008/02/18/creating-osgi-bundles/. You will have to import the packages that are exported from your newly-created bundle.

When working with JDBC you may also encounter classloading problems with DriverManager -- it doesn't work in an OSGi environment due to its classloading behavior. As an alternative I would recommend using a DataSource implementation that employs OSGi-friendly classloading such as Commons DBCP or Spring's SimpleDriverDataSource (http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/api/org/springframework/jdbc/datasource/SimpleDriverDataSource.html).

Regards,
      Andy

Comment

Regarding DriverManager: Using a pooling DataSource is an important best practice anyway.

Comment

Many Thanks for help.
          BND tool and reading of OSGI spec docs helped me.
          I done mistake in MANIFEST.MF and it was a reason jdbc driver bundle wasn't found.
          And of course I use DataSource.
          I took Petclinic sample as start template and created my own bundles.

Regards

Roman

Comment

Working...
          X