Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with JMX Console and JSF in beta9

Hello,

just tried playing around a little bit with S2AP beta9 and found some differences / problems in comparisson with beta6.

1) When starting the platform with startup.bat -jmxremote I am not able anymore to connect anymore with jconsole.
    2) I have a scenario where a fragment bundle to a (JSF enabled) web application bundle provides a faces-config.xml which was detected and used by JSF automatically.

Both examples ran with beta6 but fail with beta9.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Eric

Problems with JMX Console and JSF in beta9

Hi Eric,

I've just spent some time looking into your -jmxremote problem. I saw some similar, albeit intermittent, problems on Windows running with Sun's Java 5 update 14. I haven't seen the problem at all with Sun's Java 6 or Sun's Java 5 update 16.

One thing that I did notice is that the problem wasn't specific to the Platform. Running jps also failed to list local java processes, i.e. it just returned without producing any output. Also, other Java programs, e.g. one of the samples shipped with Java, run with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote (which is what the startup script translates -jmxremote to), also could not be connected to as a local process with jconsole and didn't show up in jps's output.

So, I think I would recommend running jps to see if it can detect locally-running Java processes. If it can't then it would appear you have the same problem that I experienced. In that case I'd recommend upgrading to Java 5 update 16, or Java 6 if you're not on that version already.

If your symptoms don't match then let us know and we can look into this further.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Hi Eric,

The Platform only makes resources in a Web module available via its servlet context, i.e. a resource in a fragment of Web module won't be available via the Web module's servlet context. This only applies to resources accessed via the servlet context -- resources that are loaded via the classpath can be loaded from fragment bundles as the fragment's contents become part of the host bundle's class space.

JSF loads its faces-config.xml file from a path that's relative to the root of the servlet context. Unfortunately this means that it won't be able to load faces-config.xml from a fragment bundle and the faces-config.xml file will have to be located in the Web module itself.

Regards,
      Andy

Comment

Regarding the fragment support for non-classpath resources: you might want to watch issue https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/PLATFORM-97 to track support for this.

Joris

Comment

Working...
        X