Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can S2AP pick up new bundles in usr/bundles wihtout a restart ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can S2AP pick up new bundles in usr/bundles wihtout a restart ?

If so, how does it work ?

At the moment I am one by one adding in bundles into bundles/usr and restarting after each addition.

The user guide says:

"For other changes such as addition of indirect dependencies, the SpringSource Application Platform must be restarted to pick up any changes to the provisioning repository."

But this manual addition is taking ages.....

I have tried something along the lines of this:

find ~/.m2/repository -name *.jar -exec cp {} bundles/usr ;

but S2AP failes to start if there are any duplicate bundles that are in non-usr directories

Can S2AP pick up new bundles in usr/bundles wihtout a restart ?

The Platform automatically refreshes its view of the bundle repository during startup and as a result of an application being deployed. The problem with indirect dependencies is that once a bundle has been installed into Equinox any optional dependencies that could not be satisfied are forgotten such that even if they become satisfiable at a later date they will not be: e.g. the Spring ORM bundle has an optional dependency on Hibernate, if the Platform is started without Hibernate in the repo the ORM bundle will lose its dependency on Hibernate and won't pick it up if Hibernate is added to the running Platform's repository. You could use the telnet console to refresh the ORM bundle but I would not recommend this approach as it's likely to be more time-consuming then simply restarting.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Can S2AP pick up new bundles in usr/bundles wihtout a restart ?

Thanks - roll on auto-downloading of versioned bundles and libraries :-)

Comment

Working...
      X