Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTA transaction manager and XA transactions

Hi,

I've asked this question on the spring framework dm server forums, but just in case, I'll ask it here too. Has anyone had any success with getting any of the XA-capable transaction managers to work in ss-dm server? I'm trying to do a simple transaction spanning two Oracle datasources (both using Oracle JDBC's native connection pooling), and I can't seem to find any info if it is possible. I see JOTM being available as a BRITS bundle, but that bundle is reported in JIRA as not working (well, not without some uncertain hacks anyway). As for other managers (Atomikos, Bitronix), they're not even available as OSGi bundles (Hibernate is unfortunately not an option for me). I've seen a discussion that mentions container-managed transaction management is being considered as a possible feature for ss-dm 2.0, however, I'd appreciate some help in the meantime. First, if anyone managed to make it work, I would be grateful if you could post some details on how you achieved it, or otherwise, I'd welcome any hints and tips how to start and what to look for to make it work.

JTA transaction manager and XA transactions

FYI: for anyone reading this thread, please note that this forum is no longer active. You should instead follow up on the official SpringSource dm Server forum here:

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=61856

Thanks,

Sam

Comment

Working...
    X