X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring DM and AspectJ

Hi, I'm new to both Spring DM Server and Spring Framework. I would like to create a Spring DM bundle which contains AspectJ aspects (with it's own syntax, not annotated java classes).

For the development I use Eclipse Ganymede with SpringIDE and Spring DM Server tooling. I was able to create a working plugin prototype with aspects, but the aspects are only working when ran within Eclipse. If I deploy them on the Spring Source DM Server, the aspects are ignored without any message.

As i found out, the DM Server contains the AspectJ runtime and weaver bundles, so they should be fine. What am I possibly doing wrong? I'd appreciate any help.

Spring DM and AspectJ

Alex,

When you are running under Eclipse, I'm guessing that you have AJDT installed. This means that the output from Eclipse is woven classes. I would guess that what is being deployed to dm Server is a bundle that doesn't contain these woven classes. Make sure that the bundles you are deploying actually contain woven classes.

Your manifests should also include the correct imports for AspectJ packages/bundles otherwise the bundles will fail to load their classes at runtime.

If you are having problems verifying this, feel free to attach the bundles to JIRA (issuetracker.springsource.com) and I'll check them over for you.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Spring DM and AspectJ

Rob,

Thank you for you quick answer. You were right about the woven classes, they really weren't in the exported jar. As you mentioned I'm using AJDT but I did not find any options to include the compiled woven classes.

I think my manifest is good but my aop.xml and the spring context xmls may contain errors because I'm still a little how to write them correctly. Right now I'm trying to create a sample bundle which I will upload. It would be a great help if you could check what am I doing wrong.

Best regards,
      Alex

Comment

Spring DM and AspectJ

I created a stripped down version of my aop bundle, which i have uploaded here: http://www.gentoo.hu/SampleAOP_1.0.0.jar . In the manifest I required the whole aspectj runtime bundle just to be sure. Thank you for your time

Comment

Spring DM and AspectJ

Well, finally I found out the solution o/

Thank you very much the guidance it helped me a lot. Now I do really like SpringSource!

Comment

Spring DM and AspectJ

Alex,

Glad you managed to find a solution.

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X