X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeout to start deployer not behind a firewall

After building the latest version (RC2) from code, I was able to run it from the command line a couple of times. I even copied the installation from my Vista machine to a Debian server and started it without a problem. But right now I can't start it again on the Vista machine. Here is some relevant information:

1. I am not behind a firewall,
    2. I set the timeout config to zero in deployer.config to try to fix this, but it did not work,
    3. I changed ports 8009 to 8010 and 2401 to 12401, but did it yesterday and had the server running,
    4. Here is a fragment from the log:

[2008-09-12 06:32:05.108] server-dm-2 <SPPM0005E> Timed out with profile 'web' waiting for the application context of bundle 'com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat' to be created.
    [2008-09-12 06:32:05.685] server-dm-2 <SPFF0002I> Wrote dump file "C:springsource-dm-serverserviceabilitydump2008-09-12_06-32-05.dump"
    com.springsource.server.deployer.core.FatalDeploym entException: Timed out waiting for profile subsystems to start
    at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.internal.Sta ndardApplicationDeployer.waitUntilProfileStarted(S tandardApplicationDeployer.java:245)
    at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.internal.Sta ndardApplicationDeployer.<init>(StandardApplicatio nDeployer.java:138)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
    org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.depende ncies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextEx ecutor$CompleteRefreshTask.run(DependencyWaiterApp licationContextExecutor.java:145)
    at com.springsource.server.kernel.dm.ContextPropagati ngTaskExecutor$2.run(ContextPropagatingTaskExecuto r.java:82)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[2008-09-12 06:32:05.841] server-dm-2 <SPFF0003E> Bundle 'com.springsource.server.deployer.core' in Subsystem 'com.springsource.server.deployer' failed to start.
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'applicationDeployer': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'standardApplicationDeployer' defined in URL [bundleentry://64/META-INF/spring/deployer-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class

I also can't use the Eclipse tool to start it, but it is certainly a different issue from the launch configuration:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/springsource/server/kernel/bootstrap/Bootstrap
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.springsource.server.kernel.bootstrap.Bootstrap
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 200)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:188)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:276)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 51)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoade r.java:319)

Thanks for any help,

Maurício Castro

Timeout to start deployer not behind a firewall

Recompiled from source and installed again and it is fixed.

Comment

Timeout to start deployer not behind a firewall

I'm glad the problem seems to be fixed. Please note that the SPPM0005E timeout is hard-coded at 60 seconds and is usually more than adequate in the environments we've seen. Note also that this timeout is unrelated to the application deployment timeout you tried configuring, which is why the change didn't help.

Please come back if you hit further problems.

Glyn

Comment

Working...
      X