X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote repositories?

From what I understand, all dependencies for a project have to be placed into the application platform manually.
    It would be interesting if the platform could fetch dependencies automatically from a local repository.
    Same thing goes for deploying new applications.

remote repositories?

Vadim,

We're doing a lot of work on automatic provisioning. There are two levels to this problem. The first is simply getting the right bundles into OSGi out of the Platform's repository. We already support this, meaning that we don't just blindly install every bundle into the OSGi runtime.

For populating the Platform' local repository we are working on improved repository management and dependency resolution support.

Rob

Comment

remote repositories?

Hi,

There is currently no support in the Platform for fetching dependencies from an external repository. You can, however, configure the Platform's repository to load dependencies from a local, i.e. on your hard disk, Maven repo or Ivy cache: http://static.springsource.com/projects/applicationplatform/1.0.x/user-guide/html/ch07s05.html#configuring-provisioning-repository-examples.

- Andy.

Comment

remote repositories?

Thanks for the replies. Automatic provisioning is something I would definitely love to see.

This product looks very promising. I just started looking into it recently, but I have high hopes for it.

Comment

Working...
        X