X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the set the platform environment in Intellij IDEA

How the set the platform environment in Intellij IDEA.
    Like set the tomcat in intellij.
    Please tell me the exactly procedure.Thanks.

How the set the platform environment in Intellij IDEA

Does anyone know this? Because if I want to use the platform instead of tomcat, I must config it in the IDEA.

Comment

Maybe you should ask the IntelliJ guys, you payed them, so it's only fair that they support you. I don't want to get into an Eclipse vs. IDEA discussion, but for this specific use case I'm pretty sure that the best user experience will be in STS+Platform.

You could write the Java part using IDEA and move on to STS for the configuration of course, but I wouldn't look forward to switching IDE daily.

Comment

Yes, you should ask JetBrains. I guess you really want to use the dm Server component of the Application Platform. The dm Server is independent of any IDE you're using, the Eclipse-based Tool Suite only gives you the convenience of a nice graphical OSGi command prompt.
        So, to conclude, you can use IntelliJ IDEA as long as you include the correct OSGi information in your jars, which will effectively make them OSGi bundles. You can then use the OSGi telnet command prompt to deploy the bundles. Cumbersome, I know, but until we'll see a IntelliJ IDEA plugin for the dm Server, this is the only way.

Comment

something similar to this worked for me:

./tcserver-instance.sh -s insight -t spring_insight
          mkdir -p insight/common/lib
          cp -r tomcat-6.0.20.C/lib/* insight/lib
          cp -r tomcat-6.0.20.C/bin* insight/bin

... and then point IntelliJ at the 'insight' directory

Comment

Working...
          X