Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java.util.ConcurrentModificationException error

Hello,

I'm using springsource-ap-1.0.0.RC1 and found what is apparently a bug. When I deploy a PAR, it occasionally throws a java.util.ConcurrentModificationException error and fails to deploy. However, if I restart the platform or try to re-deploy the same PAR 3-4 times its succeeds.
    I believe it might be something to do with the default timeouts to lookup services or something along those lines.

Here is the error stack when deployment of the PAR fails:

[2008-08-18 12:42:56.546] platform-dm-13 <SPDE0020E> Application context creation failure for bundle 'HelloWorld-1-com.springosgi.web'.
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'helloWorldServiceBean': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 64)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:221)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261 )
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at

And like I mentioned, this error occurs some of the time, other times it deploys the same PAR with no issues.

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException error

Daniel,

This is almost certainly a bug. Can you create a JIRA issue (http://issuetracker.springsource.com/) attaching your trace and dump files please.

Regards, Rob

Comment

Rob,
      Ok, created a JIRA issue here it is: https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/PLATFORM-159

Comment

Thanks Daniel, I'm looking into this now.

Regards, Rob

Comment

Rob,

Just curious, was this actually a bug ? I saw the JIRA issue with a resolved/fixed status but no comment.

I ask because I'm writing on the SpringSource-AP and have this as a sample application.

Wanted to see if I needed to change something in the application, or if this was a SpringSource-AP bug. And if its the latter, to ask if it will be corrected in the 1.0(final) release of SpringSource-AP, if not, so I can add a note indicating why the ConcurrentModificationException occurs.

Thanks,
          Daniel

Comment

Daniel,

Rob's out today so I thought I'd answer this in his absence. Yes, it was a bug - thanks for bringing it to our attention. The fix will be included in the next 1.0 release.

Thanks again,
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X